- Payment is scheduled in monthly blocks at a time.
- Payment for the next block is due in advance at the LAST lesson in each block.
Registration & Materials Fee
- A fee of $30 per student is due prior to the start of lessons.
- This allows for the purchase of necessary student materials such as lesson books, music copies, notebook etc.
- When the sum is depleted, additional material expenses will be charged as needed..
- Entry fees for Achievement Day, Royal Conservatory examinations etc., and recital costs are additional charges..
Absences & Cancellations
- There is NO CREDIT for absences & cancellations.
- If cancelling a lesson, please notify the teacher 24 hours in advance by phone, text or email.
- You will receive credit when the teacher has to cancel a lesson. If at all possible, the lesson will be rescheduled.
- Due to the teacher’s schedule and travel routes, it will be extremely difficult to change times or reschedule lessons. Please respect that.
- The teacher cannot accept financial responsibility for any missed lessons on the student’s part: illness, sports, extracurricular activities, field trips, appointments, emergencies, etc. will not be credited. Any make-up lessons will be at the teacher’s discretion and convenience.
Discontinuation of Lessons
- In the event of a student choosing to discontinue, payments already made will NOT be refunded.
- Please notify the teacher well in advance, at least two weeks before discontinuing.
- The teacher reserves the right to discontinue teaching any student. In this event, lessons will be discontinued after last paid lesson has been given.
- During the School Term (Monday, August 26th, 2013 – Monday, June 2nd, 2014) the teacher will observe the Charleston County School District holiday break schedule. There is a possibility of scheduling additional lessons.
Labor Day // Monday, September 2nd
Halloween // Thursday, October 31st
Thanksgiving Break // Tuesday, November 26th – Thursday, November 28th
Winter Break // Monday, December 23rd – Thursday, January 2nd
MLK Break // Thursday, January 16th – Monday, January 20th
Spring Break // Monday, April 14th – Thursday, April 17th
Memorial Day // Monday, May 26th
- No other holidays or breaks will be observed (this includes teacher workdays, birthdays, family vacation, school field trips, etc.) during the School Term.
- During the Summer (June – August 2014) a different break schedule and policy terms will apply to allow for family and teacher breaks.
- The teacher will consolidate her schedule every month.
- Requests for a new time may or may not be honored.
- The teacher will make every reasonable effort to accommodate but cannot guarantee any change in scheduling due to the possible inconvenience it may place on other students.
- Generally, changes in schedule will occur at the start of a new month so as not to disrupt any scheduled month.
- In the case of the teacher's absence for a few days or more, the teacher will provide a suitable, reputable substitute teacher.